oterWhen it comes to the claims process, we are here to take the crisis out of scooter accidents. Take a look through our handy guide to claims below.
Alternatively, call us now on 0204 542 8247 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a comprehensive and hassle-free consultation on your potential claim.
The scooter injury claims process.
We follow these steps when helping your get back to scooter riding as soon as possible and get the remuneration you deserve:
- Establish Responsibility
- Get You Up and scooter riding Again
- Gather evidence.
- Evaluate The Extent of Your Injuries
- Help You Get the Care You Need
- Calculate Your Compensation
- Getting a Settlement
- Compensation payment
We’ll ask you to help with some stages and we’ll do others ourselves after you’ve given us the go-ahead. You’ll get regular updates about your claim and you’ll have the final decision about how we move forward at key stages.
Our first step is always listening to your story and concluding who is responsible for your injuries. The responsible party is the one we will make a claim against, on your behalf.
This can be another motorist who knocked you off your scooter, or the body in charge of maintaining the road that you might have hit a pothole on.
Usually, the individual or organisation that is responsible for your injury will not be whom we are claiming against, but rather their third-party insurer, who will be responsible for paying your compensation.
We will also help you in cases where you are not sure who is responsible, such as in hit-and-runs.
It is important that you give us as much information as possible, so that we can help you.
2.Get You Up and Scooter Riding Again
We offer a range of immediate remunerations, before your case is even settled. These include:
- Up to £15,000 for a replacement scooter
- Up to £1,000 for repairs to your scooter
- Up to £500 for clothing damaged at the time of your accident.
Uniquely, we pay for your damaged scooter riding kit and your scooter repair, or to replace your scooter if the repair cost is more than its value
Gather as much evidence as possible, such as:
- Photographic evidence of the accident scene
- Your injuries
- Any clothing or kit/equipment damaged in the accident.
- Record the date and time.
- Obtain the details of any witnesses, including name, telephone number, address.
- Take a photograph of the car registration number.
4.Evaluate the Extent of Your Injuries
We will need to assess any injuries you sustained. These fall under General Damages (see our Claims Calculator for an explanation) and you are entitled to compensation for them. We will connect you with a medical professional who can look you over. This medic or another specialist will then be able assess how long your injuries will take to heal, whether you will need any special assistance and if the injuries carry any long-term consequences. Their assessment can then be factored into your potential compensation amount.
5.Help you Get the Care You Need
Your health is our primary concern; we will get you in contact with specialists who can ensure you get the care and support you need. We will also help you plan for recovery and get back to your previous level of health.
6.Calculate Your Compensation
With all the evidence collected we will take both the General Damages you suffered and any Special Damages into consideration, these include:
- Any instances of pain, suffering or loss of amenity.
- Medical and associated costs, such as travel to medical facilities.
- Any income lost as a result of the accident.
- Adaptive measures, such as prosthetics, adapted vehicles and adapted housing.
- Carer costs – in the event you need a carer as a result of your accident.
- Any items damaged in an accident such as your clothes, scooter, and personal effects.
We take into account both current losses and foreseeable future losses, when calculating your compensation.
7.Getting a Settlement
As soon as we have calculated the compensation you deserve, we will fight to secure the best possible settlement from the person or body you are claiming against. Throughout the whole offer and counter offer process, we will listen closely to your concerns and wishes, so we secure the deal that is right for you.
While we always try to avoid it, due to how stressful and time consuming it can be, we will take your claim to court, if needs be. When in court, we will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.
After you have agreed to an offer or the court has made its decision, we will be able to give you the compensation we have won for you.