HOW DO I MAKE A SCOOTER ACCIDENT CLAIM?
How do I make a scooter accident claim?
We know it can be difficult to know what to do if you suffer an accident on your scooter, so we are here to help you through your next steps. We believe that scooter accident claims can be straightforward if handled correctly. We aim to avoid the chain rection of complexity, stress and long wait times so often seen in personal injury cases – all you need to do is call us on 0204 542 8247 and we will endeavour to help you get the compensation you deserve without the hassle.
When you speak to us, we will talk through your accident and then give you the specialist guidance you need to decide what to do next.
Is There a Deadline For Claiming on a Scooter Accident?
Typically, you need to claim within the first three years since the accident. This is the same if you are claiming on behalf of a deceased loved-one. However, if you are claiming on behalf of a child, you have up until the date of their 18th birthday, before the three-year time period kicks in. Whereas, if you are claiming on behalf of someone who does not have the mental capacity to make a claim, there is no deadline to worry about.
What Can a Claim From a scooter Accident Get Me?
compensation tends to vary depending on the amount of harm you suffered in the accident. Any negative consequences you experienced are known as damages, these include:
- The costs of current and future medical care that arise as a result of the accident, as well as adaptation costs if you received a debilitating injury.
- A settlement depending on the severity of your injuries.
- Compensation for lost work time.
- Payment for damage to your personal property, from your scooter to your clothes.
How Long Does a Claim Normally Take?
We are committed to getting your claim done in a reasonable timeframe. This being said, claims usually develop in the following manner:
- Showing who bears responsibility for your injury.
- Seeing if that individual will accept responsibility for your injury.
- Working out how much you should receive as a result of your injury.
What Medical Help Can I Get?
We can connect you with leading physiotherapists and other medical experts to help you on your road to recovery and make post-accident life easier.