Nowadays transport to opportunity is exceedingly important. This is especially the case for young people, who need safe and affordable transport options to reach work and social locations
No less than young people’s employability, physical and mental health and belief in their own self-value are directly impacted by their access to transport. We need to ensure young people can
1. Have healthy futures
2. Address widening health inequality
3. Tackle the climate crisis
4. Give young people affordable transport
5. Support young peoples’ return to work
6. Help young peoples overall mental health.
One way to address all of these difficulties is to invest in cycling programmes, such as bike subsidies and bike training courses that meet all of these challenges.